Although we may be a little biased, we think manufacturing a range of outdoor furniture using recycled materials is the future. We thought we'd give you the main reasons why recycled materials make the perfect outdoor furniture.
- It's maintenance-free. It's so easy to maintain recycled materials.
- Outdoor products made from timber need regular staining, sealing and maintenance, but a picnic bench made from recycled materials can be outdoors without any intervention for years.
- It's waterproof. In England, rain is almost a daily occurrence. Any furniture left outside needs to be hardy enough to cope with rainfall. As wood is naturally porous, water absorbs into the bench when it gets damp. After a short period of time, the furniture becomes useless due to splitting, warping, and twisting.
- Recycled materials are nonporous. Water cannot penetrate the plastic, meaning the products don't split, warp or twist and can be wiped dry.
- It's durable. Due to wood swelling and shrinking over time, the material is prone to splintering and breaking. It can be dangerous for children and adults and can lead to injury. Due to the hardy nature of recycled materials, the furniture doesn't splinter, crack or corrode, making furniture made from recycled materials much safer for children and adults.
- It can last a lifetime. Wooden furniture doesn't stay usable for very long and needs replacing every few years. However, our products come with a 10-year guarantee and most of our products last a lifetime.
If we've managed to persuade you that recycled materials make for fantastic furniture, why not check out our extensive range of furniture, bins and much more. They're all made from recycled materials and manufactured here in the UK.